Monday, December 18, 2006

Big B-Mithun back together after 16 years

http://www.planetbollywood.com/Pictures/Actor/Amitabh/ab11P.jpg

Ravi Chopra is planning a casting coup of sorts. He is in the process of bringing together two of the biggest stars of the ’80s for an song in his forthcoming film Bhootnath which is being directed by Vivek Sharma.

After 16 years, since Agneepath, if all goes well, Mithun Chakravarthy and Amitabh Bachchan will share screen space in Bhootnath for an item number.

Ravi Chopra said that once the shooting of the film resumes, he will approach Mithun Chakraborty for a special song which will be picturised on both these stars and will be shot in a unique way.

The image “http://www.bbc.co.uk/shropshire/films/bollywood/2004/05/images/pop_up_classic_05.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Chopra says, “I will speak to Mithun. I am confident that he will be game for this song as it will be one of the highlights of the film. You can say that the song is an item number. I am sure the audience will like to see both of them shaking a leg together.”

When contacted, Mithun says, “I have not been approached yet and I am not very sure if I want to do just one song with Amitabh. Anyway, let Ravi approach me… I will consider it then.”

The last time Amitabh and Mithun shared screen space was in Agneepath, for which Mithun got the Filmfare Award as Best Supporting Actor, while Amitabh went on to win the National Award.

No comments: