Wednesday, December 13, 2006

“I want to go back to Afghanistan,” says Linda Arsenio

“I want to go back to Afghanistan,” says Linda Arsenio, the beautiful girl who plays an American photo journalist in ‘Kabul Express’. “I started appreciating photo journalists after this film as they leave their families, put their life in danger to bring inside stories from such war torn areas,” she adds. And did she stand out being a certain kind of face in a part of the world that is known for its hatred against the Western countries and its people? “Yeah…It was quite different because I stuck out. But it was a wonderful opportunity…I love the people there and got immersed in the culture.”

Linda got lucky for she was noticed by Outlook India in an article related with Tsunami victim girls that were left destitute. And since then she has had a rollercoaster ride all the way. What about John Abraham your hunky co-star? “He is an absolutely wonderful man. Very unselfish and professional. Very dedicated.” And your thoughts about director Kabir Khan: “That’s a tough one. He has got the passion of a lion. This is very close to his heart. I was just happy being there and supporting him and doing the best job I can,” signs off Linda with a smile.

No comments: