Monday, December 18, 2006

Urmila - Bollywood's new singing sensation!

View Urmila & Shiamak Team Up Picture GalleryUrmila Matondkar is thrilled to bits. She has just returned from shooting the video for a song that she has sung with the legendary Asha Bhosle for Shamir Tandon's album.

"I've always been one of Ashaji's biggest fans. We go back a long way. She has known me from when I was a child. She had sung in one of my Marathi films as a child actor called 'Sansar'. Then, of course, her husband R.D. Burman composed music for my 'Masoom'. The couple has seen me grow up,".

Urmila said it was a great experience.

"It was a complete riot. A tremendous experience. If I can sing, elephants can fly. To sing with someone so awesome... wow! Now I can call myself a rock star. After acting and dancing I'm now a singer. I now carry an invisible warning, 'Don't come near me. I'm a singer'."

Will she sing again?

"Too early to say. Right now I'm zapped. Those who've heard the song have liked it. I've no intention of singing my own songs, though. My throat gets dry when I remember the day I sang with Asha Bhosle."

No comments: