Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Urmila elated over Pakistani reaction to ramp walk

View SPEED - On The Sets - Picture GalleryAfter acting and singing, Bollywood star Urmila Matondkar is trying her hand at modelling too. Her ramp show in Karachi last week for designer Manish Malhotra was a resounding success and the actress hasn't come out of that spell yet.

"I'm no stranger to fashion shows. But this was my first fashion show outside India. We decided not to go conventional. We opted to go Western and zany. I wore a Swarovski-studded white outfit and the reaction was awesome. The whistles and screams are still ringing in my ears. We raised quite a lot of money for charity."

Urmila has been to Pakistan several times.

"Every time I go there I find it an extremely heart-warming experience. The love and affection the Pakistanis shower on me makes me wonder where the mythic enmity comes from."

Urmila has been having a hectic time. She has just sung a song with singing legend Asha Bhosle and also worked on the schedule of the long-delayed film "Speed".

On her singing experience with Asha, Urmila says laughing: "I can't believe a bathroom singer like me actually dared to share singing space with Ashaji. Come on, she is a legend! I grew up singing her songs and dancing to them on stage. Suddenly, here I was matching vocals with Ashaji.

"In fact, I couldn't go to the Karachi film festival although two of my films were shown."

Urmila says she is in no hurry to sign any new film.

"I've reached a stage in my career where I don't really need to make any rushed decisions. I'm just taking it easy, at least till the year-end. I'll be taking off for an unknown destination for the New Year. Being in Mumbai and working is very boring for the New Year."

Source

No comments: