Thursday, March 29, 2007

Big B to fight pollution with IIFA

JOIN HANDS: Now the Big B\'s put his pen to paper for the cause of global pollution.
Amitabh Bachchan never seems to tire of causes to promote! Now the Big B's put his pen to paper for the cause of global pollution, and all for the sake of IIFA.

When it comes to endorsing International Indian Film Academy, trust Amitabh Bachchan to go the extra mile – so much so the actor along with British actress Sienna Miller, signed the IIFA Bond for Global Cool — a star-studded initiative to reduce pollution – at the IIFA curtain raiser at Madame Tussauds in London.

"We're launching the IIFA weekend in Yorkshire, and this is the press conference to promote it. And also bringing in a new concept on global warming and making IIFA connected with it," said Bachchan.

And Bachchan is so committed to the cause that he's roping in his entire family – including the yet-to-be-included Aishwarya Rai.

"I pledge myself to this bond, and I pledge other members of my family, my family also consists of my wife who is a celebrity in her own right, my son Abhishek and his wife to be, who is also a famous personality," said Bachchan.

"And I am sure that all of us getting together will be able to propagate this very worthy cause in the years to come," he added.

It looks like a case of a family that supports a cause together, stays together!

No comments: