Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Devgan bares all (well, almost)!















Ram Gopal Varma’s Sholay is almost complete, save for some patchwork scenes, and it seems that talk about the film will not subside until it finally hits the big screen.

The latest tongue-teaser from the film is the sensuous song, Chaa Raha (picturised on Ajay Devgan and Nisha Kothari), which was shot only recently. It has a bare-chested Devgan in the most intimate poses with Kothari, which is probably a first for the brooding actor!

Says Ramu, “It’s one of the most arresting songs of my career as the concept is so different. I have tried to capture different images with each image creating a different emotion. Each shot is different and has a certain intensity, the most intense being love. The way the characters in Sholay, including that of Veeru (Devgan) and Ghungroo (Kothari), have been designed has brought certain changes in the context of relationships. Veeru and Ghungroo’s love story is much stronger in my Sholay.”

Ramu says Ajay wasn’t uncomfortable when told about the bare-chested scenes. Though this is probably the first time Ajay is attempting such an intimate song sequence,

Ramu chuckles, “I explained the concept to him and he was absolutely cool. We have worked together in Company and Bhoot and Ajay trusts me as a director. I told him that I’d had enough of shooting barely-clad women. For a change, I wanted to shoot a barely-clad man!”

No comments: