Saturday, May 12, 2007

Amrita Rao dances to Farah's tune again


Actress Amrita Rao says she enjoys a special bond with sister-brother duo Farah and Sajid Khan and had a great time shooting a special song for them in Hey Baby.

"It seems just the other day when Farah and I had loads of fun doing Main Hoon Na. When her brother Sajid called me, I was so happy. I share a special relationship with both of them. Sajid wanted all the heroines who are his friends to be part of the song. Sajid says I'm his younger sister," Amrita said.

The song is filmed in a pub. "We all have our own little scenes, our few minutes of fame, with Akshay Kumar, Fardeen Khan and Riteish Deshmukh. I've about 10 seconds with each."

Amrita's Vivah was a super-duper hit. She says she had no difficulty in playing the homely, cultured, middleclass character. "Fortunately, just before the shooting, I visited Mathura and Vrindavan. I saw the girls there. So I knew how girls dress, talk and behave in culturally rich small towns of India. I don't find such unspoilt gentleness unnatural. Those who do are perhaps de-linked from the real India. It wasn't difficult for me to envision what Sooraj-ji (Sooraj Barjatya) narrated to me."

What next?

"Good films with good makers. As for my next release, E Niwas' My Name Is Anthony Gonzalves, I play a Catholic girl who is an assistant director. That's my only assignment at the moment." She thinks highly of Niwas. "How many directors have boasted of a National Award at such a young age. I'm impressed by Niwas' clarity of thought."

No comments: