Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lux Inspiring Beauty: Coffee table book launched

Lux Inspiring Beauty by Omar Qureshi and Times Of India, Zeenat Aman, Priyanka Chopra, Juhi Chawla
Some of Bollywood's most beautiful leading ladies, from the 50's to date, can be now seen together in a coffee table book tittled Lux Inspiring Beauty which was launched on Thursday night in Mumbai.

Written by Omar Kureshi, the book features Aishwarya Rai on the cover.

Though Lux has been associated with at least 102 Bollywood beauties for 75 years now, the book, however, will include even those celebrities who have not been its brand ambassadors.

So who's the most beautiful of them all?
Lux Inspiring Beauty by Omar Qureshi and Times Of India, Farah KhanLux Inspiring Beauty by Omar Qureshi and Times Of India, Priyanka Chopra
“I think Hema Malini is the most beautiful. I am a huge fan of her,” says choreographer-turned-director Farah Khan. While for Priyanka Chopra, “Madhuri is the most beautiful because I have grown up watching her movies.”
Lux Inspiring Beauty by Omar Qureshi and Times Of India, Dilip Kumar, Saira Banu
But for yesteryears actor Dilip Kumar it is Madhubala and Saira Banu who define perfect beauty. And as far as the young lot goes he tells his wife Saira Banu that her daughter is the most beautiful.

Remembering her heydays Saira Banu narrated her stint with Lux saying, “I only liked the colour white so the brand changed the colour within months to accommodate my taste and that’s how I did my first advertisement.”
Lux Inspiring Beauty by Omar Qureshi and Times Of India, Zeenat Aman
For some others, too, it was a trip down memory lane like actress Zeenat Aman. “This book reminds me of the films I have done with Lux,” she says.

No comments: