Thursday, May 24, 2007

Shilpa Shetty chats about her B'day, Metro, IIFA and Apne


She's here, there, everywhere. Shilpa Shetty is truly the one actress who's crossed over to the west without doing even a single Hollywood film.

CNN-IBN correspondent Varsha Pillai chats up with her on her plans to celebrate her birthday in Yorkshire at the IIFA Awards.

Varsha Pillai: It's London all the way for you, is it?

Shilpa Shetty: Oh God, well i guess it is just the timing.

Varsha Pillai: Life in a … Metro has opened to an enormous response.

Shilpa Shetty: It is fantastic. It has consolidated my position as an actor in this industry and for me that was a huge uphill task all this time.

Varsha Pillai: Up next is Apne. It seems like a family film. You have shared space with the Deols. Who is the one among the three who used to bully the lot on the set?

Shilpa Shetty: Sunny is a complete introvert. Bobby and i are on back-slapping terms. I have a lot of respect for Dharmji (Dharmendra). He's so charming and warm. I love seeing him on the sets in the morning. He has a big smile on his face.

Varsha Pillai: It has been Shilpa throughout these days. Do you think we are having an overdose of Shilpa?

Shilpa Shetty: I think I am having an overdose of Shilpa. If I wasn't Shilpa I would be bored of her.

Varsha Pillai: What's next for you?

Shilpa Shetty: I'm looking forward to IIFA where I'll be performing . I'm also looking forward to the release of Apne which will be phenomenal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm also looking forward to my musical that I'm premiering on Broadway in the UK. That's something no other Indian actor has been able to do. Also, the launch of my new perfume . I'm so nervous but I think it will all work out.

No comments: