Thursday, October 18, 2007

Raza Murad in a film based on Nithari killings

Raza Murad is geared up to wear the character of Mohinder Singh Pandher, the dreadful murderer in Nithari killings in a film titled D5.

The idea is the brainchild of the director, Yoginder Singh with whom Raza had worked earlier in a comedy flick Tamboo Ka Bamboo.

Nithari killings had brought shivers to the spines of every Indian earlier this year. Raza Murad along with Yoginder has taken an initiative to bring up the root cause of such a frightful incident.

Raza says, "The film is an eye opener with a purpose of making the people aware and cautious of misdoings in the world and also teaching their children to remain guarded when it comes to strangers. I remember Mohinder Singh very distinctly. I have observed him very minutely. His appearance, mannerisms, body language and expressions even when he was taken to Ahmedabad for brain mapping test. However, not even in my wildest dream did I think I would play this character in future."

He also adds, "I have been to the homes of the killed children and have seen Mohinder Singh's bungalow with my own eyes."

Gopal Singh who had appeared in Madhur Bhandarkar 's Traffic signal as a beggar will be seen playing the servant, Surinder's role in the film.

The film will be shot in Mumbai with some exterior shots taken in Noida.

No comments: