Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Vidya!

It's been a year full of work, and also link-ups, for the birthday girl, Vidya Balan.

But on the whole, she's happy that it's the work that gets more copy than the link-ups.

"I have just laughed at the rumours and am glad that it is my work that is generating more interest these days. As far as spicing up my life is concerned, leave that to me. I guess it's high time I spice up my life on my own," Vidya laughs.

Considering Vidya turns 30 today, she would have loads of opportunity to do that by living it up. But that's not what she's doing.

"I don't generally have bashes or gala parties on my birthday," she says. "Like always, I am going to be with my parents and close friends. I'm planning to take my parents out of town for a couple of days, that's all."

Vidya believes that if you begin the new year with a particular routine, then that's what you're going to do for the rest of the year too!

"And that's why, I'm going to spend the day exercising, reading books, listening to my favourite music and generally having a very busy day."

But the year gone by will always be very special for her - the year of her good five major releases (Guru, Salaam-e-Ishq, Eklavya, Heyy Babyy, Bhool Bhulaiyaa) and a special appearance in Shah Rukh Khan's Om Shanti Om.

"If Halla Bol had been released, it would have been six. I did a lot of different roles and experimented a lot in 2007. I have learnt how to handle a choc-a-bloc schedule."

She feels that she's also not as guarded as she used to be when she joined the industry.

"I guess when you are introduced to something new, you take time to explore it. But now, I have become more assertive," she says.

Bollywood Buzz wishes Vidya a very Happy Birthday :o)

No comments: