Wednesday, December 27, 2006

'No stereotypes, please'

http://pschuler.club.fr/Cinema/Actrices/Preity-Zinta/preity1.jpg
Preity Zinta is in a fabulous mood. She is at her cousin Inder's place for lunch when she takes a look at the year to come. As for her New Year plans, she reveals that she's going skiing in Colorado.

"I've been in the snow a lot. But I have never gone skiing. And I do want to learn a new sport. It's never too late to learn. I'll be gone for two weeks," she says.

When told that Saif Ali Khan has also gone skiing for the New Year, Preity quips, "Saif and I could do a ski film together."

Looking back at the year gone by Preity says: "Was I disappointed by the Indian box-office collections of my two releases in 2006? No way. Ten years from now I'll be extremely proud of both my films. At the end of the day I need to be happy and proud of what I do."

Any thoughts for 2007?

"First of all, I'm looking at the release of my only film on the floors. Shaad Ali's Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom has shaped up well. And for the first time I've agreed to do three films in 2007. I've heard such amazing scripts that I'd be doing two more than I usually do. I've never looked anxiously over my shoulder at the so-called competition. If I want I could do seven films a year. But I've chosen to do one. And now I'll be doing three in 2003. As I grow older I'm more contained and even more charged up about my work," she says.

"And I want to break stereotypes in 2007. I'm venturing into roles I've never done before. What excited me two years ago no longer does so. Thank God, I have the choice to be adventurous,” the Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna star says.

No comments: