Saturday, January 27, 2007

Big B on the Legion D'Honour ceremony in Delhi today

The excitement never seems to end in the Big B's life. He now prepares to leave for Delhi to receive the prestigious Legion d'Honour on 27 Jan.

Says the Big B, "its being done at the French embassy. And they're also screening the Oscar-winning French film March of the Penguins. It's an incredible piece of art. Very inspiring…We know so little about the behaviour of the penguins. Such massive research has gone into it. The film's director Luc Jacquet will also be coming. We'll first release the DVD, and then the film will be shown. I've given the commentary in both English and Hindi. For American audiences the English commentary had been done by that wonderful actor Morgan Freeman. But for India they wanted me in both the languages. After the film we'll move to another section of the Embassy for the Award."

He still remembers how the honour was given to him on his last birthday. "I'm deeply touched that the French government should consider me eligible for their highest civilian honour. I feel proud for my film industry and for the country to be representing them. India is now in the focus across the globe. It's wonderful to see Indian cinema getting noticed. That the French see someone from the Indian film industry as worthy of receiving their award is another sign of our growth."

Adding to the Big B's joy is the fact that his entire family will be there for the occasion. "Jaya, Abhishek, my daughter Shweta and son-in-law who are on Delhi, Amar Singhji and yes, Aishwarya. They'll always be there to share this big moment in my life." Adds the busiest star in the universe, "I feel very happy with whatever has happened in my life this year so far. First Abhishek's performance in Guru…then he has made up his mind to settle down in life. All my and Jaya's prayers are with him and Aishwarya." About the wedding date, "We haven't confirmed any date as yet. All the dates being mentioned is nothing but speculation."

No comments: