Saturday, January 6, 2007

Rakhi Sawant in a Comedy

Rakhi SawantThe after-shocks of Bigg Boss are being felt in the most unexpected places. Rakhi Sawant who was happy being the item bomb in films that flaunted her flesh in flashy appearances, has now mended her ways.

In Rahul Rawail's ensemble comedy Buddha Mar Gaya, which starts shooting on Jan 25, Rakhi has been cast in a tailor-made role that requires no oomph, only chutzpah.

Says Rawail, "I was hunting for a girl to play this zany liberated frank and fearless girl called Kim in my comedy. No one seemed to fill bill... until I saw Rakhi on Bigg Boss. I loved her spirit and honesty in the show. I immediately decided to cast her."

Rakhi who will join the ensemble cast comprising Om Puri, Paresh Rawal, Anupam Kher (who plays a corpse!) and Mobhano Modi-Kotwal, had no inhibitions about being inhibited for the first time.

No comments: