Thursday, January 11, 2007

Soha Ali takes up the Challenge

According to Sowmya from Bollywood News & Gossip, you have only her ‘girl next door’ look in your mind after RDB and Ahista. But this girl is now to prove her mettle with Sudhir Mishra’s “Khoya Khoya Chand”. According to Mishra, Soha plays an actress whose career graph has had many highs and lows. “Soha finds herself in the wild world of cinema. Those days, filmmakers put their lives on the line. When Raj Kapoor and Guru Dutt made films, they mortgaged their studios. Cinema was all that they had. There was no other source of income like today. That precisely attracted me to make KKC.”

soha.jpg

Pointing this is unarguably her most challenging role till date, Soha recounts she had jumped at Sudhir’s offer. “But my mother (Sharmila Tagore) was worried; she wondered how I would play such a complex role because I am young and I have had a much-protected upbringing. She told me that it was a role which most heroines have not done in their lives. She ensured that I looked convincing in the film. She gave me some of her own saris, which made my look even more authentic. Moreover, we did a lot of research. Niharika who was in charge of my look even had long discussions with my mother. Add this to the fact that I saw a spate of films from the ’50s and ’60s.” She has scenes where she does ‘Mujra’ and also a ‘Club dance’. Hope she really convinces her audience that she can carry off any role with ease.

Source

No comments: