Friday, April 27, 2007

Know why Konkona took up Metro?

The image “http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a7/Konkona-Sen-Sharma_in_Omkara123.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

After playing several unconventional roles, Konkona is upbeat about her next stimulating performance in Anurag Basu’s Metro where she plays the role of a woman who is depressed for being a virgin at 30.

Konkona says, “Shruti’s character is like any normal girl. She is financially independent but under- confident. She ends up taking several wrong decisions while finding a companion for herself. She is so finicky that she doesn’t approve of any body.” For Konkona it was not a difficult role to pull off as she relates to the role. “Shruti’s character is close to me as I see a lot of people like her around me.”

Strangely though, she has no strings attached with the movie. “Films are very unpredictable; it may be a hit or may be a disaster. I do not expect anything out of of my projects. I just do my job well.”

For Konkona the best part about working on this project was working with Anurag Basu. “He was one of the reasons I signed the film. I haven’t seen his movies but I have heard that he is very good. The script was not ready when I had signed the film but I had liked the way he described the film to me and hence I took it up. I go by my instincts and I knew that this would be a good project to work in. He is a nice director and a nice human being too.The positive vibes experienced, while shooting for the film is rarely experienced on the sets of other projects ”

Incidentally, Konkona had shifted to Mumbai from Kolkata a year and a half ago. When asked, how does the city’s fast paced life treat her, she calmly says, “Work keeps me busy. It’s the best way to forget everything. I am doing alright in the city. Though, I often visit Kolkata.”

No comments: