Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Preity wants to cast Big B under her direction


Ever since she travelled with superstar Amitabh Bachchan on his private plane, Preity Zinta has been on cloud nine.

She was shooting with the actor for Rituparno Ghosh's English language film The Last Lear in Mussoorie and after finishing the shoot, he offered the perky actress a ride back to Mumbai in his private aircraft.

"Mr Bachchan was kind enough to give me a ride back. He has been the most wonderful co-star I've ever worked with. And his command over the craft...wow," Preity said.

She says she spent the most divine four days shooting with him in Mussoorie.

"The last time I was in Mussoorie, it was for another shoot. And guess what? It was again with Mr Bachchan for Armaan. Believe me, if I ever direct a film I'll cast him only."

While Bachchan plays a veteran Shakespearean actor, Preity plays a bad actor in The Last Lear.

"Playing a bad actor against him was a pleasure specially when I had a director like Rituparno Ghosh to guide me to be bad on camera. Ghosh is a magician and so calm. He kept trying these various wigs on his shaved head and we had a ball just watching Ghosh experiment with his looks.

As for my looks, you've to see what Ghosh has done with me. I've never looked like this before. It was all so much fun, and didn't seem like we were making a very serious film,” she said.

Back in Mumbai, Preity is busy looking at several scripts. She has green-lighted Samir Karnik's Mera Bharat Mahaan.

"I just fell in love with Karnik's script. It's an episodic film with a very strong social message." Preity will be paired with Salman Khan in this multi-starrer.

Tell her she needs to do a full-on comedy and she pipes in, "Oh, but Amitji, Abhishek and I have some really funny interludes together in Shaad Ali's Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom. You've to watch us bring the roof down together."

No comments: