Friday, May 18, 2007

Bipasha plays Pakistani girl in Goal


After Preity Zinta and Kareena Kapoor, it is Bipasha Basu's turn to play a Pakistani girl in new film Goal in which the Bengali beauty also gets to share screen space with real-life beau John Abraham after a long time.

"What makes it special is the fact that John and I are coming together after three years. The last film we did together was Madhoshi. After that I was determined to do only a good film with him," Bipasha said.

"Also, in Goal I play a Pakistani girl. I wanted to make sure that whenever we come together again our chemistry mustn't be a repeat of Jism. In Goal our chemistry is completely different."

She has played a Muslim girl before but not a girl from the other side of the border. "This is my first role as a Pakistani. But I've played a Muslim girl in Ishq Hai Tumse . I got to play a very sweet girl in that.

"I've never played anything like this. Though the focus of the plot is the game of football, I do have a substantial role to play. I'm excited about Goal not only because it's got John in it, but also because my character stands out."

No comments: