Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bipasha unfazed by racist slurs

Bipasha Basu
The actress got a taste of British ‘hospitality’ while shooting for Vivek Agnihotri’s Goal in London, but decided not to create a fuss about it.

Bipasha is dismissive about the incident, when she says, “What happened wasn’t major. Arshad (Warsi) and I were shooting in Southall and it happened while we were at a traffic signal. Two white guys started rapping some song, which poked fun at Indians. Initially, I was a bit shocked. I have never heard such things in my life! But then I thought it’s okay, time to move on! No point stressing over it.”

Talking about racism, Bipasha says, “I’d heard a lot about racism there. I have travelled across the world but never experienced racism in my entire life. In fact, I have always been given added advantages because I’m Indian. Racism does exist and we can’t deny it.Indians who have settled in London talk about it and share their experiences. People who aren’t so successful and rich might be dealing with racism there in various ways.”

The actress is all set to go to the Cannes Film Festival with Goal. “The producer of Goal, UTV, is taking Jodha-Akbar and Goal to Cannes. Goal will have a sneak preview there. I am very excited as this will be my first trip there.”

Has she decided what she’s going to wear? “No. I’ve left that to stylist Anahita Shroff Adjania, and told her to get me something suitable. I have never been a bad dresser.”

No comments: