Sunday, May 20, 2007

Karan Johar to take a 'Koffee' break


Versatile Bollywood director, Karan Johar does not plan to continue with his popular television chat show, Koffee with Karan, after the end of its second season.

"I want to take a break from the show. It has another 11 shows to go after which I won’t be doing it for the time being," said Karan Johar who was in delhi for the launch of a high-end luxury brand store for men, for which he is the brand ambassador. However, he was quick to add that he won’t be out of the silver screen completely, as he would be doing another show for a TV channel. "My next show would be based on a similar concept," he said.

Question him on chances of him facing the camera and he says, "Why do you want people to suffer seeing me facing the cameras. But I don’t mind it either." He further adds, "Now, I will go and ask directors to give me chance to act in their movies," besides jokingly adding, "I cant act in Ram Gopal Verma's movies as he makes gritty ones and it does not go with my style."

Koffee with Karan has seen lot of celebrities talking about issues that they otherwise wont like to make public. He explains this phenomenon by saying, "I am friendly with all of them. I have known them for a very long time so when a friend is interviewing them, they tend to be really frank and open up."

Johar who is currently working on the script of his next movie, which will start rolling early next year, says, "I make movies about issues, which I feel about. When I made Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, I felt for something else and now I feel about a different issue."

No comments: