Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Madhuri's musings on her art quotient

DANCING DIVA: Madhuri Dixit says that dance will always be her favourite art form.
Actress Madhuri Dixit was artist M F Husain's muse so it's no surprise that CNN-IBN correspondent Urmi Sahni spotted her at an art exhibition in Mumbai.

This time it was the paintings by an upcoming artist Purnendu Mandal, which caught her attention. So here's Madhuri on her art quotient.

CNN-IBN: You have been an inspiration for art since long. Have you also been fond of art in particular?

Madhuri Dixit: I used to sketch as a child. I like art in general whether it is movies, painting or dancing. I am totally into arts.

CNN-IBN: Which is the art form that is closest to your heart?

Madhuri Dixit: Of course dancing is the closest to my heart. It’s always been and always will be.

CNN-IBN: Everyone is eagerly waiting for your film Aaja Nach Le. So, is there a lot of dancing in this film?

Madhuri Dixit: Well, all I can say at this moment is you all must come a watch the movie.

CNN-IBN: How is it being Mrs Nene? How do you manage to have a career in India with your husband and children in the US?

Madhuri Dixit: Well, it’s not easy. It’s a balancing act and I think I have been doing it pretty good so far. My husband has always been with me and supported me. I wouldn’t have done this had I not have his support. So, in that sense also there is a sense of achieving something and being appreciated for all that I have done. So far the going has been good.

No comments: