Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bipasha Basu to host New 7 Wonders of the World show


Bipasha Basu can suddenly see the world much better !

The sultry but short-sighted actress who for years has avoided hosting any show or event because she can't read the tele-prompter, has got herself fitted with contact lenses. And her reason for doing so?

"History beckons me! I have been given the honour of hosting the official declaration ceremony for the New 7 Wonders of the World in Lisbon on July 7," said an excited Bips.

"So, I've got myself contact lenses. All these years I stubbornly resisted them and risked losing friends after looking through them in public. But now that I will be hosting this event with the likes of Ben Kingsley and Hillary Swank, and at which Jennifer Lopez will be performing , I'd be foolish not to correct my eyesight. I can see everything so clearly now!"

This is indeed a historic honour for her, and also Bollywood and the country.

Bipasha
exclaimed, "I don't know what made them choose me, maybe it was my appearance at Cannes last month. But I'm deeply honoured and flattered. This is the first time that the 7 Wonders are being reconsidered. To be part of this is to be part of history. And I wouldn't have missed it for anything in world, certainly not for being short-sighted."

She will be dressed for the occasion by her favourite designers.

"It would be my friend Rocky S for the Indian outfit, and that's a saree. Armani will do my western outfit," Bipasha said, looking gorgeous enough to be the 8th Wonder of the World!

No comments: