Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Desi version of Die Hard!


It's not easy being Bruce Willis and who better to ask than Mohan Kapoor who is dubbing for the actor in Hindi for Die Hard 4.

The fourth edition of the popular cop action flick will have Bruce Willis getting beaten up by a girl played by Hawaiian born Maggie Q. Of course, for Suchitra Pillai who voices Mai's character in the desi version, it almost feels like she's sharing screen space with Willis.

"I am this rocking chick who bashes up Bruce Willis," says Suchitra. And all that noise and bashing up is just the kind of catharis for Kapoor, who says, "I've done a few films and I know how it is sounds when guys are beaten up." But what really helps is if you are a fan of the series.

"I'm a die hard fan of Die Hard," says Suchitra while Kapoor believes, "If you are a Die Hard fan, all you want to see it is like a viewer in the theatre."

However, there are some other fringe benefits as well of dubbing for a big Hollywood film.

"It has to do with computers. I'm an electronic engineer and I finally get to exercise my skills," says Suchitra. With dubbed Hollywood films giving even Bollywood a run for its money, the artists who voice these characters have reasons to be excited.

You can catch Bruce Willis speaking in Hindi and in English on June 29 when Die Hard 4 hits theatres across India.

No comments: