Thursday, July 19, 2007

Salman gets candid about his marriage, Hollywood stint, and his earrings too!


This is a new Salman Khan. A more at-peace avatar of the bad boy of Bollywood.

At 42, and with rumours of marriage fast threatening to erode his eligible bachelor image, he is still ruggedly handsome.

Perhaps even more than before, despite (or is it because of?) the silver earrings on both ears now. If anything, age has only given him a softer, more mellow look.

"I am fortunate," says Salman, shrugging off all praise about the way he looks. "I have done nothing. In fact, I have done things that have damaged the way I look and feel."

Like the earrings?

Salman gives his famous scowl, "Arrey! I am a Pathan, and I have to look like one. My grandfather, father and uncles wear earrings. I had my ears pierced when I was a baby."

He is truly back in the saddle these days, and in action - doing art exhibitions, attending film premieres, going for parties.


Post Marigold, he is also open to more Hollywood offers, provided they don't make him look like an idiot! "I have a certain sense of contentment today," he explains mysteriously.

And, he is also inspired by the legendary macho star from the South, the evergreen Rajnikanth. He's inspired by Rajnikanth's philanthrophy, he says. "I want to do what he is doing. Whatever he earns, he gives back to the people."

Ask him about the rumours of him getting married on his birthday around Christmas, this year, and he says with an exasperated look, "The day I get married, or decide to, I will let the world know."

Does he intend to get married at all?

"Of course, I intend to get married, but it will happen only when it's destined to. And I will celebrate the occasion with my friends, family and well-wishers. I won't hide my marriage because I need people's blessings and good wishes always."

No comments: