Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sanjay Dutt is back!


Actor Sanjay Dutt, released on Thursday from a Pune jail, where he was serving a six-year prison term given to him in the 1993 blasts case, said he had "full faith" in the judiciary but was prepared for a "long battle".

In his first public comments since he was sentenced last month, a relieved but haggard looking Dutt thanked fans, who stood by him while he was in jail.

"All I can say is that I have full faith in the judiciary, full faith in my country and full faith in the people of my country," Dutt told reporters outside his residence in Bandra here.

"I have a long battle to face, please pray for me," he said, reading from a prepared statement. "I will abide by the law and the decision of the court," said the actor, who made it clear that he would not take any questions from the media.

Dutt, who looked drained after his 23-day stint in jail, was accompanied by his sister MP Priya Dutt and her husband Owen Roncon when he appeared at the gates of Imperial Heights building, where he stays in Bandra's posh Pali Hill neighbourhood.

No comments: