Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Eklavya is going for Oscars!

Vidhu Vinod Chopra's produced and directed movie Eklavya - The Royal Guard has been voted as India's official entry to the Oscars.

This is the third time Chopra will be going to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences .

His short non-fiction film, An Encounter with Faces was one of the first Indian films to be nominated for an Oscar in 1980. In 1989, Parinda was sent to the Oscars as India's official entry.


Chopra said, "I'm elated by the new but this was only the first battle. The real one is still ahead. I'm leaving for the US on 2nd October and will start my groundwork there.

I'm banking on my previous experiences at the Academy and the overwhelming support the film has received in the West. I hope to make India proud."

All the best Vidhu !

No comments: