Friday, March 16, 2007

A Patiala peg for Kareena Kapoor

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2004/jun/07kar1.jpg
After a good break from hectic schedules, Kareena Kapoor is back and all set to woo real life beau Shahid Kapoor in director Imtiaz Ali's next film.

The two will be together for a long shoot, which begins on April 1. Ali had launched Abhay Deol in the film 'Socha Na Tha'.

'We'll be shooting in Patiala and I've never visited the city before. Also, I get to play this really loud Punjabi woman, which I haven't done earlier. Shahid plays a quiet character. Come to think of it, I've been awfully quiet in my last few films like 'Aitraaz' and 'Omkara'. About time I came out of the shell,' Kareena said.

Kareena also gets to go blissfully rustic in Mani Ratnam's 'Lajjo'. Considering that everyone is commenting on how svelte and urbane she looked on 'Koffee With Karan', wouldn't the rustic act be a little hard to carry out?

'Not at all! That's where the talent comes in,' she riposted. 'In fact, in the Yash Raj film that comes between Imtiaz Ali and Mani Ratnam's films, I play an extremely glamorous woman. So it'll balance itself out.'

'It looks like my days of chilling out are numbered. Now it's work, work and more work for the rest of the year,' sighed Kareena.

No comments: