Friday, March 16, 2007

Lisa Ray's lesbian act in 'I Can't Think Straight'

The image “http://www.passtheroti.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/lisa-ray-picture-5.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.sheetal.jpg
It seems like alternate sexuality is here to stay. After a spate of coming-out-of-closet films like "Brokeback Mountain" and "Kinsey", comes Lisa Ray and Sheetal Seth's lesbian love story titled "I Can't Think Straight".

The film is based on director Shamim Sharif's autobiographical book. Sharif has just finished shooting "I Can't Think Straight". It's been filmed in London and Oxford.

Lisa, who plays a rather unconventional role in Sharif's film, has just been wowing the world in Deepa Mehta's Oscar-nominated "Water".

Mehta is tightlipped about her protégé's foray into another kind of cinema. Lisa was chosen for "Water" following a shortlist that included Tabu and Kareena Kapoor.

"I've no idea what Lisa is doing with her career. I know she's very much in demand after 'Water'. Beyond that I've no comments to make," Mehta said.

Aseem Bajaj, who shot Pritish Nandy Communications' "Chameli", is the director of photography for "I Can't Think Straight". He doesn't foresee any controversy erupting.

"I won't say the film is going to be controversial, not in this day and age. Sharif has handled the theme with great delicacy."

Bajaj is also shooting Sharif's next film titled "The Reader", a scandalously tender love story about a blind teacher in Oxford and her student. It is based in a post-World War II scenario

No comments: