Monday, April 23, 2007

Saif bounces back with prestigious projects

Parineeta press conference at IIFA, Missing Rosa? Saif looks disinterested
While Saif Ali Khan is back after a long illness and has restarted his work with an ad campaign for Provogue last week, he has also said yes to a number of projects after a long break.

"Yes, I've green-lighted Kunal Kohli's new film," said Saif who flies to Dubai to shoot for Abbas-Mastan's "Race".

"I've known him for some time now. And we share a cool comfort level. I really thought Kunal did a neat job in 'Hum Tum'. So, yeah, I'm looking forward to working with him again," Saif said.

He has also said yes to two other projects. One is a Yash Raj Films project featuring Kareena Kapoor, Anil Kapoor and Akshay Kumar. "Again, it's very script-driven. As for the project with Karan Johar (to be directed by his assistant Tarun Talsukhani), I've said yes to it in principle. Who'd say no to a Karan Johar film? But I've to yet hear the script."

Does the presence of Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai in it pose a problem?

"None at all. I've been in so many films with very major co-stars. I mean I shared screen space with Mr. Amitabh Bachchan in 'Eklavya'. I didn't allow myself to be awed by him. That never works in a film or in my performance."

About the newly formed friendship with Salman Khan, Saif admits the senior actor has been guiding him to take up painting. "So far I've done just one sketch. Salman is really good with it. You should see his work. He did ask me to give it a try. And I did."

No comments: