Friday, May 18, 2007

Dulha Mil Gaya - the official story

According to Taran Adarsh of IndiaFm, producer Vivek Vaswani is upset with a section of the media. And rightly so!

"I have been away from Mumbai for more than a month now, filming the second and most difficult schedule of my new film Dulha Mil Gaya and while I have been away, I am hearing the most ridiculous stories about the film," he states in the email to Taran.

So let's get the facts straight from the producer's mouth…

Brian Lara Issue:
"Too much has been said and written on this issue. Every Tom, Dick and Harry in the industry seems to have an idea, opinion or inside info on whether Mr. Brian Lara is doing DMG or not. The simple truth is that we do have a small cameo for Mr. Lara . I am personally in touch with his representatives in London. I have not received an answer from them and so, until there is a positive feedback, the truth is that even I do not know whether Mr. Lara will do my film or not. When will he shoot, what will be the terms etc. are also not known to me."

Shah Rukh Khan Issue:
"Shah Rukh is a personal friend and is doing this film as a gesture only for me. His words were, 'I do not need to know anything else, except the fact that you are the producer. Take as many days as you wish, make me wear whatever you want, I am doing this film.' He has already shot for the film and has done outstanding work. Over and above this, he has 14 days work left, including one song and portions on a cruise, and his climax left, which he will shoot in July. He is paired opposite Sushmita Sen in the film. If this much work in a film is a 'cameo', then maybe I do not know English."

The Cast:
"Like I have just stated, Shah Rukh Khan acts in the film opposite Sushmita Sen and Fardeen Khan is opposite a new girl, who is right now under wraps, so that she can be presented at the right time. Mohit Chadda, finalist of Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj, acts opposite Tara Sharma.

Apart from these three lead pairs, the film stars Johny Lever, Suchitra Pillai, Howard Rosemeyer, Bina Kak and a small cameo, as a friendly gesture, from pop singer Anushka, who has sung three songs in the film. All rumors about any other actors in the film are false and malicious."

No comments: