Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Priyanka Chopra talks about her upcoming film Fashion, Salman, Kareena and future projects


Priyanka Chopra is in seventh heaven.

She has just started work on her new glamourous film Fashion.

"All the credit must go to my stylist Rita Dhody and my dress designer Narendra Kumar who are styling my look in Fashion. They make an extremely talented team. It's very important to get the right look for every character. The mantra for 2008 is style. And I plan to experiment lavishly with my look."

Fashion is going to give Priyanka a startling look. "I start as a plain small-towner and then go ultra-chic as a model."

2007 was a year of turmoil for Priyanka. There were legal and police hassles regarding financial endeavours. At home her dad struggled with a serious illness.

Sighs Priyanka, "There were other problems created by various people. I've accepted those as an inevitable part of each year. The more popular you get the more the number of people who want to target you. That's fine. It's a professional hazard. You've got to take it in your stride. But the best happening of the year was dad coming home from hospital hopefully whole and healed.

On the professional front I had Salaam-e-Ishq at the beginning of the year and Big Brother later, both box office disappointments. But I'm going to make up in 2008 with four to five releases beginning with the comedy God Tussi Great Ho with Salman."

Salman and Priyanka seem to have made up.

"When were we ever at loggerheads?" she blinks diplomatically. "In 2007 I completed two mega-marathons Drona and Love Story 2050. These two films took up a lot of time. The shooting for these films took extra time because of the special effects. I also hurt myself while shooting for Drona."

Speaking of hurt, Kareena Kapoor lately made a statement about Priyanka not being worthy of being called an actress.

"Kareena is a more senior and hopefully more mature actress than me. I guess she's qualified to comment on my calibre. When I reach her level of experience maybe I too can comment on the calibre of my contemporaries and juniors. I'd just like to let my work speak for me. And that includes Aitraaz where Kareena was also a part."

What's the problem between Priyanka and Kareena anyway?

"I don't know. From my end there's none. I recently met her at a Diwali cards party. And she was fine with me. Only she can answer why she thinks so poorly of me. As far as I'm concerned I think she was splendid in Jab We Met. I like to give credit where it's due. And you know what? On some level it's flattering when colleagues give you importance."

Priyanka gets introspective: "I love my work. I love my friends who are loyal to me. Nothing and no one else matters. I've already had enough to stress at home with my father's illness. I'd like only positive energy to be spread through my work."

No comments: