Monday, January 21, 2008

Zayed Khan becomes a father


Zayed and Mallika Khan became proud parents on Friday morning, after Mallika delivered a 6.1 pounds baby boy at 7.54 am.

The entire 'Khandaan' was present at the joyous occasion.

Zayed, who has been receiving congratulatory calls since the birth, responded excitedly from the hospital bedside, "Oh my God! Have I become a father? I can't believe it. I have never been so happy in my life. When I look at the baby, I cannot believe that he is a part of me!"

The actor - an ardent soccer fan - has already named his son after France's famous player, Zinedine Zidane! So Khan Jr will now be called Zidaan Zayed Abbas Khan.

"We considered many names, but deep down I always wanted to name my son after Zidane, I am his great fan," revealed Zayed.

Zayed plans to take a week-long break from his hectic shooting schedule and be with the baby.

"I heard it's important to be with the baby, in the initial stage. He should sense and feel my smell, touch and more importantly my love and bonding," said the proud young father.

Zayed admits, he feels too young to be a father, but said, "Others can be parents to my son, I will play with him, he will be my best friend!"

Bollywood Buzz congratulates Zayed & Mallika Khan :o)

No comments: